- Friday May 24th will still be 8th grade graduation,
- Tuesday May 28th will be a normal school day, 8th grade students do not have to report on that day,
- Wednesday the 29th will be the day set aside for the student fun day with a 2:01 dismissal. Attendance for 8th grade students will be optional,
- Thursday the 30th will be report card day, no busses will run on that day. There will be an 11:30 dismissal,Attendance is optional.
Acceptable items include monitors, laptops, televisions of all sizes and models, printers, computers, fax/scanners, DVD players, stereos, VCRs, video game consoles, mice, keyboards, PDAs, cell phones, all computer parts, MP3 players, iPods, phones, speakers, holiday lights, video game controllers, floppy disks, software, CDs, servers, networking equipment, hair dryers, remotes, toaster ovens, bread makers, curling irons, microwaves, mixers and vacuum cleaners without their bags.
Unacceptable items include air conditioners and dehumidifiers that contain Freon, refrigerators, dish washers, stoves, washers, dryers, VHS tapes, light bulbs and liquids of any kind.
For additional details, call the La Salle County Environmental Services and Land Use Department at 815-434-8666.
The following cuts were approved.
- Serena High School will not rehire for a retiring physical education teacher who is retiring in December of 2013. The savings in salary and benefits will be $23,000 in that fiscal year.
- A bus route will be eliminated. The route will be # 13 that runs northwest of Harding. The children on the route can be picked up by 4 other adjoining routes. The estimated savings will be $22435.
- Beginning in the fall of 2013, all bus routes will go pick up points when possible. This will save in gasoline and wear on vehicles.
- Beginning in the fall of 2013, all new hourly wage earners will be hired on a Tier 2 hourly wage schedule. Tier 2 hourly wage earners will earn between $1 and $2 less per position, depending on position. The estimated savings per employee per position will be 10% to 15% in salary and benefits depending on position.
- The District will not hire summer maintenance help as has been the practice for a number of years. The estimated savings will be $8,200.